1-1/2 Cups Navy beans, dried
1/2 Cup Onion, chopped
2 Tablespoons Molasses
3 Tablespoons Ketchup
1 Tablespoon Mustard, dried
1 teaspoon Salt*(optional)
1/2 teaspoon apple cider Vinegar
1/4 pound Salt Pork*(optional)
- Clean beans and put into large pot.
- Add enough water to cover.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 2 minutes.
- Turn off heat and let set for 1 hour.
- Simmer the beans for 1/2 hour or until tender.
- Preheat oven to 250°.
- Drain the beans, reserving the bean water.
- Add flavoring ingredients.
- Place all in a greased baking dish and decorate with salt pork.
- Bake for 6-9 hours, covered.
- Add reserved water if beans become dry.
- Uncover beans for the last hour of cooking.
|Servings: 4||Serving size: 1 Cup||Preparation time: 6-9 hours|
*Low sodium recipe.