Galatians 5:22-25 But the fruit of the Spirit is LOVE…JOY…PEACE…LONG-SUFFERING …GENTLENESS…GOODNESS…FAITH…MEEKNESS…and TEMPERANCE…
Against such there is no law. And they that are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with its passions and lusts. If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
©Jeanne E Webster
A stark peek into the lives of Christians last week:
1. Not wanting to be hospitable to extended family members’ unexpected visit
2. Failing to inquire from a bedraggled looking woman she passed by in the parking lot of Wal-Mart’s if she needed help. The woman was hooked up to a portable oxygen tank while sitting behind the steering wheel of her old beat-up automobile. After passing her by, it was noted that the car was overflowing with all the woman’s belongings and the woman was smoking a cigarette
3. Discussing government officials’ immoral behaviors in a derogatory manner
4. Losing temper and swearing after a mishap occurred on a bad arthritis day
5. Judging harshly a friend’s attitude after she shared her thoughts
All these are covered under one theme: God is love. So maintain peaceful spirit with all people and within yourself. Once you drop the ball of a fruit of the Spirit, the action will topple the other fruits like a domino effect if not restrained and rooted out of one’s heart.
Thank you, Father, for your forgiveness and love. Our sins we confess and ask for a restored relationship with You. In Jesus’ name…amen!