Does God Lie? NO!

©Jeanne E Webster

A question has risen from a professing atheist: “Does God lie? The Bible says that God protects believers from harm, yet in all truth,  they suffer like any other person.  Therefore, God lies.  If God lies, then there is no God.”

We have received so many marvelous comments on this topic!  I beg you to read them, each and every one.  Wonderful verification for our belief in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior; amazing testimony of our faith and trust in almighty God.  We all have answered the question posed by this person.  Also we have solidified any loose strings we may have had ourselves.  So again, our answer to the question is NO!  God does not lie.  But there is much more to this subject–read and study your Bible.

To sufficiently answer the posed question in a short blog would be impossible.  And I won’t belabor the point here.  The crux of the matter is do we have faith in something greater than ourselves, belief in a higher power, a book of words spoken by a being who calls itself, the I AM?  We as Christians, affirmatively shout “YES!”  Atheists poo poo the whole concept of a God of the living, a God period.  To that, we lift their souls up to God and leave it in His hands.  He’s Got the Whole World in His Hands, you know!

PS:  It’s important to study and believe the beatitudes, for they dig deeply into the well of sufferings.  One will find the true meaning behind our struggles here.  It’s all about spiritual growth, preparing for the kingdom of heaven.  We will find that the greater the growth, the greater the joy and wonders that await us in heaven.  I plan to dwell on this on my next post.

Thank you all for educating and edifying one another in this gathering.  Wonderful union, the family of God!  🙂

Shalom

21 comments on “Does God Lie? NO!

1. God is not a man, that He should lie, Nor a son of man, that He should repent. Has He said, and will He not do? Or has He spoken, and will He not make it good? – Numbers 9:13

For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, – Romans 1:20

God exists and He does not lie.

2. Lady Deidre says:

He’s an awesome God if your willing to get to know Him. Great Post!
    Praising God for His saving Grace,
    Dei

3. mtsweat says:

Well, I don’t feel nearly as awkward climbing through the women’s window, now that another gent has spoken. What an awesome topic to consider. Why do we suffer? I think it has been covered excellently here. Its root cause is sin, but as Paul claims our God is able to use it for good. The good of His people. I’m reminded of Joseph… “What you meant for evil, God meant for good.” As you conclude, God’s purpose is to mold us into the image of His Son, and one of the means He uses is suffering. Praise the Lord, He is ever at work transforming us for His glory. Great posts! Thanks and God bless

4. […]   This was the title of one of my blog friends… Jeanne E Webster’s blog yesterday…”Does God Lie? NO!  He is not a man that He should lie.  He said in His word that He will never leave us or forsake […]

5. Dicky says:

Amen, Jeanne.

6. camary1996 says:

Does God Lie? is a very good topic. It’s the first thing that’s bought up when I witness to the unsaved. They say the bible is a book of contridictions and lies. I just ignore the motives to their questioning and try to gently talk to them about God’s love, Jesus and salvation.

Unless people… saved and unsaved understand about the Holliness of God and who He is they will always question God truthfulness. Satan is always telling people God is not real or that He lies.

Thank God for the Holy Spirit will confirm the realness of God through His word and through prayer.

This blog is a blessing!

7. Well done, Jeanne. I am so glad this question came to you. As you said, it gave us all a chance to solidify the reasoning for our faith; and hopefully if someone else is approached with a similar question, we will each be ready. Praise God for His working of things to bring good.

8. I saw the fingerprints, Anne! This was meant to discourage. However, I believe it brought about clarity of faith and resilience that we needed for the times we’re living in. Amen!

9. Brush Arbors says:

All I can say ,IS..”HE LIVES”… Blessings to all… Bro Pat..

10. Susan Michaels says:

Amen, Jeanne. Inspiring article…Added it to my blog’s A+ ‘Picks of the Week’ http://5wise.wordpress.com/1-blogs-this-week/

🙂 Keep on keepin’ on! Blessings, Susan

• Susan, you were meant to be here! We certainly value your input and bookpublishing experience. Dicky To was used to get us together. Isn’t God wonderful?! Thank you for your insight.

Shalom 🙂

11. April says:

The wonderful part of being in God’s family is that we can lift each other up, share our thoughts and help one another understand God’s writings all the more.
    Great job with your post!

• Don’t you just love the unity here? We’re so pleased you can join us and share in our joys and blessings of fellowship.

Your encouragement is inspirational and indeed fosters our understanding. 🙂

Comments are closed.