Jim’s gone

Religious Candles and Cross

To all my family and friends:

My brother, Jim, passed away a short time ago.  I so appreciate all your prayer support during the past few months, as it meant so much to Jim that you all showed that kind of love and respect.  Our family will miss him yet we rejoice in the knowledge that he is with the Lord, in peace and no more pain, fear or suffering.

God bless you all and may His peace comfort you all your days.

Shalom,

Jeanne

52 comments on “Jim’s gone

1. coastalmom says:

I am so late here but cyber hugs wrapping around you… by now time has probably healed a bit but from your writing, I know you loved him and one of the greatest comforts is knowing you had no regrets and knowing you… you didn’t!
    xoxo

2. Oh, Jeannie, I am so sorry that I was not there for you. Losing a brother has to be close to the top of the list…I lost both of mine six months apart and grieved no end. I was very ill all of July, and then the cousin died and I never thought to ask you about Jim. Hugs and blessings to you and your family. Please forgive me for not being there.

• My dear Linda, Thank you for your precious thoughts and support! Yes, it was a great loss to lose Jim, as us three Webster kids were so close, almost to be triplets. However, his health was grave, had been for years, and it was with peace he left us for home with our Lord. My sympathy for your recent loss also, Linda, of your cousin. It seems as we get older, (I’m 71 now) many friends and family members are no more with us for support and love. They have passed on…one day we shall see them again. In the meantime, all is well. They are in good hands!
      Love and hugs,
      Jeanne

3. Marie says:

Jean, please accept my heartfelt condolences. My heart is heavy at your loss but at the same time rejoicing that another of His Children is at home with Him. Blessings dear friend

4. I am just catching up. I am sorry for your loss Jeanne. I remember how you were there for me when Wendy had her heart attack. I am sorry I was not there to provide words of comfort and encouragement to you at your time of loss.

5. LightWriters says:

Been away and so sorry to hear of the loss of Jim. Blessings, prayers, shalom.

6. Jeanne – May you and yours be surrounded with love and peace as you remember your brother, Jim.

• Sheri, thank you for your blessings and special thoughts, even though you are under siege yourself. You remain in my prayers and constant requests to the Lord. Shalom

7. Sorry to read about your loss of dear brother Jim. Your faith keeps you strong and the truth of eternal life gives you hope. May the Holy Spirit comfort and guide you and the whole family now and in the days ahead.

8. camary1996 says:

Oh Jean…I just saw this today. There are just no words. If I saw you I would come over to you and hug you so tight and my right hand would be rubbing your back. Then I would look in your eyes and see the tears in your eyes and say…Can I pray with you? I would hold your hands and ask God to give you and your family comfort, strength and grace in Jesus name. Then I would hug you again. I would put in your hands a card and a batch of my chocolate chip cookies. Then I would drive off in my 1997 Toyota Camry and continue to pray for you as I drive.

I just prayed for you here in my bed this morning. XOXO ((Hugs))

• Tanya,
      Your support means so much, and right in the middle of your grief, you take the time to share in ours. God bless you, Sister, and I received your hugs and back rub! What a lady! What a friend! Shalom

XOXOXOXO

Jeanne

9. Patty B says:

Hugs to you and your family. May you be encouraged by your friends and may your memories bring you comfort – your brother will live on with you and your family and the lives he had touched. Keeping you all in my prayers ~ Patty

10. From my friend, Bette:

Dear Jeanne,

On the passing of your brother, Jim — these words to comfort.

Remember Me…

Remember me with smiles not tears,
    for all the joy through all the years.
    Recall the closeness that was ours,
    A ‘love’ as sweet as fragrant flowers.

Don’t dwell on thoughts that cause you pain,
    We’ll see each other once again.
    I am at peace…try to believe,
    It was my time…I had to leave.

But “what a view” I have from here,
    I see your face, I feel you near.
    I follow you throughout the day,
    You’re not alone, along the way.

And when God calls you…you will be,
    Right by my side…right here with me.
    Till then, I’ll wait for heaven’s door,
    We’ll be united…ever more!
    ~Genie Graveline~

I hold you in close thought — gentle be your days.

Bette

11. jaynepevans says:

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I know you will miss your brother deeply, yet i also know you are rejoicing that he is with the Lord. Prayers are going up for you and your family.

12. May every peace and comfort be afforded you and yours. My prayers remain with you. xo

13. When we lose a family member, it is a tough time to go through, to say the least. I understand having loss sibling, too. Those things that were special between siblings stay close in our hearts. I believe that God allows a special grace to us…we we miss them the most. He will whisper it to our heart…because He is a friend that sticks closer than a brother…and ours are now with Him! My prayers remain with you and your family. Shalom….Zoey

14. Butch Dean says:

Bonnie and I are with you in spirit, thoughts and prayers.

• Bonnie and Butch, thank you for your comfort and prayer support. This is one really tough time, as us Webster kids were like triplets, only 2 years apart. Bless you!

15. Dear Jeanne,
    I am so very sorry for your loss, as our siblings are our most treasured friends. I celebrate with you that he is no longer in pain, and that he is in the loving arms of our Heavenly Father. Blessings to you and your family as you both grieve your loss and celebrate his eternal homecoming.
    Hugs,
    Shannon

• Shannon, your hugs and blessings were so much comfort. Thank you. Yes, it is hard to lose a sibling, one almost your own age, it was like being triplets instead of twins. (Have twin sis) SHALOM

16. Oh, Jeanne. I am so sorry. My heart breaks for you in your pain and separation and rejoices with you that your dear brother is with Jesus. May our Lord, the God of all comfort, be with you as only He can.

17. Naphtali says:

Jeanne, so sorry. I am sure he knew of your love for him. God bless.

18. patgarcia says:

My Dear Jeannie,

My sincere condolences to you and your family. Saying goodbye is difficult no matter whether we are expecting it or not. It is difficult no matter whether we are believers or not. If it were not so, then God would not have given the children of Israel thirty days to mourn over Moses.

God knows we need time to adjust. So, I pray that you and your family will take the time to adjust to your loss; that you will find comfort in comforting each other; that you will feel the everlasting arms of God surrounding you as you mourn your loss.

You are in my prayers.
    Take care of yourself.
    Shalom,
    Pat

19. jesusmyjoy says:

i’m so sorry for your loss sis.

20. Dicky says:

Jim is with Jesus now.

21. ddkaarre says:

Prayers for you and your family at the loss of Jim…but rejoicing with you that he is also home at last. May the God of peace and comfort be with you always.

22. HI Jeanne: I am so sorry about the loss of your brother. Yet, what a beautiful perspective on the loss. If you haven’t read “Heaven Is For Real,” it’s a very quick read and was a nice consolation to me after losing a loved one.

I’ll say a prayer for you now.
    Paige

23. I am not just reciting theology when I remind you that there is neither time nor distance when we live and move and breath in the Spirit. When someone dies or moves far away, I don’t have to say good-bye just whisper hello, a different kind of hello that moves with the speed of light to brighten each heart when I think of them.

Whether we are cognizant of the fact or not, we are connected to God and each other, both the living and the dead. This is the wonderful mystery of the community of saints. Those who have passed through the veil separating life from death are even closer to us than before they died.

Comments are closed.